- The Yale Review
- The Massachusetts Review
- McSweeney’s Quarterly Concern
- The Lifted Brow
- The Norton Anthology of Contemporary Fiction (1988), ed. R.V. Cassill
- A Good Deal: Selected Stories from the Massachuetts Review, ed. Heath and Robinson
- Children Playing Before a Statue of Hercules, ed. David Sedaris
- Fields of Reading, Motives for Writing, (editions 5 and 6), ed. Comley et al.
Her published books include:
- Jenny and the Jaws of Life, collected stories, St. Martin’s Press*
- Winner of the National Book Award, novel, St. Martin’s Press
*According to Wikipedia, this is a cult classic.
Her latest novel:
The Writing Class, novel, St. Martin’s Press* (see “Prologue” in November Archives)
**Also published in Australia, by Scribe
- L’Ouvre-Boite (Jenny and the Jaws of Life), published by Autrement.
- Gloire, Honneur et mauvais temps (Winner of the National Book Award), published by Edition Phebus, 2007, paperback 2009.
- Italian rights to Jenny
- Fame and Honour (Winner of the National Book Award), published by Headline Book Publishing, England
- Kurz tvůrčího psaní (The Writing Class), published by Knizni Klub, 2010
- The Writing Class rights to Turkey
Her finest Work: